Saturday, July 19, 2008

Yeah, We're Still Here...

Things have just been a little hectic lately! Andy is in the last week of this cycle and believe me the end can't come soon enough. For any of us! He's been working his usual 12 hour days but he's been working every day. He has one day off (tomorrow) in 2 weeks. That's a lot of time at work. Needless to say he's exhausted and sick of these kids who seem to only get worse every day. He won't have his birthday off (don't forget it, it's Thursday) so we're going to celebrate it on the Sunday after instead which works double well because the kids graduate on Saturday. So we'll celebrate them being gone too! I do have a request for all of you to send out some extra prayers for CSM Hemphill, Andy's boss and a very close friend. He had a stroke yesterday and is in the hospital in Minden. I'm not sure how he's doing but Andy is going to go by tonight to see him.

Laura had dance camp this past week and really loved it. She did really well and kept up with the older kids. I'll get pictures sent and posted soon, promise! She'll start tap and ballet in September. Monday night for one and Wednesday night for the other. I can't keep which is when straight! We're in the process of getting all necessary items for both classes, and there's a lot, on top of getting school supplies and uniforms. Yep, all Louisiana public schools wear uniforms and yep, she looks adorable in it. They have some pretty specific guidelines and as soon as I get the skirts and pants taken in (she's so tiny!) I'll send some pictures of her in her uniform. As well as her decked out in both ballet and tap garb. I'm going to be doing a lot of waiting to pick up and drop off real soon!

So far the San Antonio trip is still on. I keep finding problems with the hotel, problem being that I keep trying to find reviews on the internet and don't like what I read then usually find out I'm reading about the wrong hotel. I guess its pretty much a toss up on hotel and location when its a new city and you can't afford a 4 star place. This is the first time we've ever planned for a vacation and booked a hotel and all that so its really scary for me. I have trust issues with hotels! I'm just afraid of getting there and being disappointed/upset with the place.

That pretty much brings you up to date. I haven't been doing as much emailing as like I'd like to, busy with Laura and *CFS is rearing its ugly head and I've just been exhausted more than usual lately.

Also...

Happy Birthday (July 17th) to Meghan! Hope it was a good one!

Wishing love and luck to my darling in-laws, Kate, Josh and Sophia, on their upcoming HUGE move across country. I hope we get to make it to MO for a few days to see them when they're there.

*Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (link)

1 comment:

njcbrunner said...

Liz if you would like me to help with the hotel situation I would be happy to do so. Let me know....

NB